Affordable SEO or Search Engine Optimization in Naples
If you’re searching for affordable SEO [search engine optimization] in Naples, then you’ve come to the right place. Hernandez Web Services works with small businesses to help them improve their SEO, and helps them do it affordably.
The biggest mistake that many small businesses make in their SEO strategy, is twofold.
- Not researching what their competition is doing.
- Not having a clear understanding of how their clients find them online
Hernandez Web Services helps small businesses identify their online SEO strategy by helping them through these two mistakes affordably. We call this service SEO for Competitive Strategy.
SEO for Competitive Strategy
As mentioned before, not doing enough research and not having a clear understanding of how your clients find you can mean that your website will fall flat.
A lot of small businesses are opting to create their website themselves. There are many options out there Wix, SquareSpace, Weebly, Go Daddy Site Builder, and others (I’m in no way suggesting you use one of these, I’m simply mentioning many that I see people use). This is where the problem of not doing enough research comes in…
Researching your online competition
Researching your online competition is critical to your success. Why? You have to know what you are competing against. Here’s why.
- If your content is 200 or 300 words and your competition’s content is 1000 to 2000 words, you need to supplement with a lot more content, or not. How do you know? That’s why you need to research.
- Who is your market? How have you identified your market? It’s certainly NOT the billions of people on the web. So, who is it? Grandmothers? Single men? Career women? Identifying your market is going to help you to write content that is going to speak to your audience. It’s also going to help you in visualizing who will be buying from you and what kind of services you want to offer, what pages should be included, how much content you need to include, should you have video, images, or just content? There’s quite a lot to consider and it all starts with identifying your audience or your market.
- How are your competitors sites set up, what are they including, what haven’t they included that you think is important? How user friendly is their site? What are they including that is great for users? Not so much? Consider what is on their sites. YOU WILL NOT BE COPYING THEIR WEBSITES! This is critical. Each website is unique and different, just like every business. You legally cannot copy from them. But you can look at what they’re doing and use what you like for inspiration.
- Check your competitors keywords, backlinks, pay per click campaign, and social strategy. What are they using, what aren’t they? This is where software like SEMRush or Moz comes in handy because it can help you identify this information quickly. These are paid services, however. This is when it might make sense to hire a consultant who is already using these services to help you identify what you need to know so that you can be clear on what your plan should be. (This is a services that we provide and it’s not as expensive and you might think).
How to gather competitive information about your clients
- Keywords are something that you want to know about your competitors. This can be obtained by reading their content, looking at their titles and descriptions in searches, and looking at their schema information.
- Another way to gather this information is through the free use of SEMRush. You are allowed to use SEMRush so many times per month and it will provide limited information. However, this is an option if you want to see how the top competitor is performing and gain insight into their keywords as well as other additional information.
Here’s a sample of what you would see if you were to put a site into SEMRush. Please note that I do use the paid version so my site images may look slightly different than the screens you may see.
You can easily see here how many site visits they get in organic search, their total number of backlinks and also their paid search and display advertising. You can click on these options and dig deeper into more detail about these. But keep scrolling down to see more…
Here you can see the main keywords (which you can also view in a full report format for all of the keywords for the entire site, and their main organic competitors.
Seeing their main competitors helps you to continue to see how the sites compare, what additional keywords are used that might be different, check their backlinks and really have a wonderful understanding of how you will need to make your site look, feel, and what kind of content to build for a competitive site that will perform as well.
Understanding your competitors backlinks is critical because it helps you to see what kind of content you need to build to earn similar backlinks. Why? Because Google consistently ranks sites by the number of backlinks that are pointed to them. So, you need to consider some kind of backlink plan in your website plan.
Often this is a natural process. You will want to have your business on some social sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or whatever social sites makes sense for your business. You’ll also write content like a blog for your business. You’ll share those blogs or articles. Other people will hopefully share your content. You’ll be featured in articles in newspapers. Do things in the community where you perhaps are featured in the news . You want to make sure these articles are linked back to your website by asking. Submit press releases to the newspaper. Your marketing and your backlink plan should work together so that you can gain as much leverage from both to build your exposure and help your site rank as high as possible.
Hernandez Web Services will either consult with you as you navigate through your website plan yourself, helping you stay on track and provide reports for you on what you need to know to stay competitive and detail how your site is performing. This is an affordable seo service that can be done either in person or via Facetime / Skype. For consulting services, we look at a case by case scenario and it doesn’t matter if you’re using Wix, Weebly, Square Space, Go Daddy, or WordPress. We’ll help you get the most out of your website and show you how to do it. Email mary(at)hernandezwebservices(dot)com for an appointment.
We’ll also do it for you. We’ll come in and speak with you about what you have in place, prepare the design (either working with the system you have in place, or making recommendations for new design depending upon your budget), and working through the SEO strategy in an affordable plan for your business. Email Mary(at)hernandezwebservices(dot)com to get on her schedule today. (insert @ where it says (at) and . where it says (dot) in my address).
Some SEO guidelines you should be aware of before hiring a firm
- SEO is ultimately about the user experience (UX). If your site isn’t providing a good user experience, then you won’t rank high on any search engine. So pay attention to this when you are building your site. What information or experience are you providing to your users that helps them? Benefits them? Provides useful content? How can you make it better?
- SEO doesn’t happen overnight. If you are expecting your site to rank high tomorrow, we might need to talk more about your expectations.
- Often it’s a lot of little details that make a big difference. I can talk jargon but that will just make your eyes glaze over. Often the little details in building your pages get skipped and those little details are the keys to helping your website rank as high as possible. As I’m meeting with clients today I’m finding that many designers today are skipping these little details and it’s costing you in where you rank, big time.
- If someone tells you they will get you to the top of Google, they might not be telling you the whole truth. They might be able to get you there, but not keep you there. Or, they might tell you “well yeah if you pay for ads”. They also might not follow Google’s SEO recommendations which could cause you major difficulty down the line fixing your site and getting Google to reindex. I will never promise to get you anywhere except as high as your site can rank. That’s all any reputable SEO firm will guarantee.
- Design is integrated with SEO. Poor design can sometimes mean poor SEO. Sometimes beautiful design can also mean poor SEO if the designer doesn’t understand the guidelines. Google wants you to provide a great experience for your users. Think about what you have and how you might be able to improve the experience. I’ll be offering you my suggestions which may include a site redesign. Then I’ll know everything is set up properly from the start.
- Look at your content. Are you short on content for your users? Poor content can sometimes means poor SEO or poor rankings. Are you offering quality content? Is your content unique from everyone else on the web? Does your content answer questions that people ask? This is another area that I will review and discuss with you. It may only take a bit of tweaking to what you have to make your content sing to your users and the search engines.
- If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Sometimes what you have isn’t broken. Sometimes it just needs a little smoothing out to get you where you want to be. I’m not looking to redesign something that’s great. Neither one of us have time for that endeavor.
I would love to help you get started on an affordable SEO strategy for your business. Let’s get started soon so that you can start dominating your competition and reaching out to those who you want to help!