Naples Affordable SEO
If you’re searching for affordable SEO in Naples, then you’ve come to the right place. Hernandez Web Services works with small businesses to help them improve their search engine optimization Naples, FL – and we help them do it affordably.
The biggest mistake that many small businesses make in their SEO strategy, is twofold.
- Not researching what their competition is doing so they can better understand their own search rankings.
- Not having a clear understanding of how their clients find them online to understand where they need to appear in search results.
Hernandez Web Services in Naples Florida excels at helping small businesses identify an online search engine optimization approach by offering internet marketing strategies that address these two common mistakes, and more. We call this service SEO for Competitive Strategy. It’s perfect for small businesses looking to excel as Naples search engine optimization.
SEO for Competitive Strategy in Naples FL
As a small business owner, do you know how to research your competitors and your own site for a clear understanding of how your clients and potential clients find you in Naples, FL? If you don’t take the time to perform and understand Google Searches for your critical keywords, it can mean that your website will fall flat, underperforming. This is where an SEO Expert can help you define your SEO Strategy, thereby helping you to understand how to show up in the search engine results, for keywords that make sense for the services that you offer. You certainly don’t want to show up for services you don’t offer, or those that aren’t your top services – missing your target audience.
Many small businesses in Naples are opting to create their website themselves. There are many options out there; Wix, SquareSpace, Weebly, Go Daddy Site Builder, and others. Using many of these web design services with their free seo is where I see the beginning of search engine optimization seo trouble.
Researching your online competition’s business website
Researching your online competition’s site is critical to your Naples SEO success. Why? You have to know what your website is competing against. Here’s the reasoning.
- If your content is 200 or 300 words and your competition’s content is 1000 to 2000 words, you need to supplement with a lot more content – or not. How do you know? That’s why you need to research.
- Who is your market? How have you identified your market? It’s certainly NOT the billions of people on the web. So, who is it? Grandmothers? Single men? Career women? Identifying your market is going to help you to write content that is going to speak to your audience. It’s also going to help you in visualizing who will be buying from you and what kind of services you want to offer, what pages should be included, how much content you need to write, should you include video, images, or just content? There’s quite a lot to consider and it all starts with identifying your audience or your market in southwest Florida.
- How are your competitor’s sites set up, what are they including, what haven’t they included that you think is important? How user friendly is their site? What are they including that is great for users? Not so much? Consider what is on their sites. YOU WILL NOT BE COPYING THEIR WEBSITES! This is critical. Each website is unique and different, just like every business. You legally cannot copy from them. But you can look at what they’re doing and use what you like for inspiration.
- Check your competitors keywords, backlinks, pay per click campaign, and social strategy. What are they using, what aren’t they? This is where software like SEMRush or Moz comes in handy because it can help you identify this information quickly. SEMRush and Moz are paid services. Marketing experts who are already using these services are able to help you quickly identify what you need to know so that you can be clear on what your plan should be. (By the way, this is a service that we provide and it’s not as expensive and you might think).
How to gather competitive information about your clients
- Keywords are something that you want to know about your competitors. This can be obtained by reading their content, looking at their titles and descriptions in searches, and looking at their schema information.
- Another way to gather this information is through the free use of SEMRush. You are allowed to use SEMRush a limited number of times per month and it will provide restricted information in the free edition. However, this is an option if you want to see how your top competitor is performing and gain insight into their keywords as well as other additional information.
Here’s a sample of what you would see if you were to put a site into SEMRush. Please note that I do use the paid version so these images may look slightly different than the screens you may see.
You can easily see here how many site visits they receive in organic search, their total number of backlinks and also their paid search and display advertising. You can click on these options and dig deeper into more detail about these. But, keep scrolling down to see more…
Here you can see their main keywords (which you can also drill down to view in full or download into a csv report). Additionally, you’re able to see their main organic competitors, drilling down further to see what keywords they have in common and what keywords their competitors are using. (Plus, you get to see if you show up as a competitor during the research phase, if you have an existing site already.)
Seeing their main competitors helps you to continue to analyze how additional sites compare, what further keywords are used that might be different, check their backlinks and have a wonderful understanding of how you will need to make your site look, feel, and what kind of content to build for a competitive site that will perform well.
Backlinking – Why you need it
Understanding your competitors backlinks is critical because it helps you to discern what kind of content you need to build to earn similar backlinks. Why? Because Google consistently ranks sites by the number of backlinks that are pointed to them. You’ll need to consider some kind of backlink plan in your website plan.
Understanding your competitors backlinks is critical because it helps you to see what kind of content you need to build to earn similar backlinks. Why? Because Google consistently ranks sites by the number of backlinks that are pointed to them. So, you need to consider some kind of backlink plan in your website plan.
Often, this is a natural process. You will want to have your business on some social media marketing sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or whatever social sites makes sense for your business. You’ll also write content like a blog or news for your business. You’ll share those blogs or articles. Other people will hopefully share your content. You’ll be featured in articles in newspapers. Do things in the community where you perhaps are featured in the news. You want to make sure these articles are linked back to your website by asking the author of any articles written about you. Submit press releases to the newspaper. Your marketing, online marketing, and your backlink plan should all work together so that you can gain as much leverage as possible to build your exposure and help your site rank.
Next Step in Affordable SEO Naples
Hernandez Web Services will either consult with you as you navigate through your website plan yourself, helping you stay on track and providing reports for you on what you need to know to stay competitive including detail about how your site is performing. This is an affordable seo service that can be done either in person or via Facetime / Skype / Messenger. For consulting services, we look at a case by case scenario for pricing and it doesn’t matter if you’re using Wix, Weebly, Square Space, Go Daddy, or WordPress (or something else). We’ll help you get the most out of your website and show you how to do it. Email mary(at)hernandezwebservices(dot)com for an appointment.
We’ll also do it for you. We’ll come in and speak with you (or speak with you over the phone) about what you have in place, prepare the design (either working with the system you have in place, or making recommendations for new design depending upon your budget and other factors), and finally will work through the designated SEO strategy in an affordable plan for your business. Email Mary(at)hernandezwebservices(dot)com to get on her schedule today. (insert @ where it says (at) and . where it says (dot) in the email address above).
Some SEO guidelines you should be aware of before hiring Web Design or Search Experts
- SEO is ultimately about the user experience (UX). If your site isn’t providing a good user experience, then you won’t rank high on any search engine. So pay attention to this when you are building your site. What information or experience are you providing to your users that helps them? Benefits them? Provides useful content? How can you make it better.
- Search engine optimization doesn’t happen overnight. If you are expecting your site to rank high tomorrow, we might need to talk more about your expectations. Maybe you need to consider a Search Engine Marketing Plan in addition to your SEO Plan. We can make it work for your budget, it’s all about how much time we dedicate!
- Often it’s a lot of little details that make a big difference. I can talk jargon but that will just make your eyes glaze over. It’s the little details in building your pages that get skipped and those little details are the keys to helping your website rank as high as possible. As I meet with clients today, I’m finding that many designers are skipping the little details and it’s costing you in where you rank, big time.
- If someone tells you they will get you to the top of Google, they might not be telling you the whole truth. They might be able to get you there, but not keep you there. Or, they might tell you “well yeah if you pay for ads”. They also might not follow Google’s search recommendations which could cause you major difficulty down the line in fixing your site and getting Google to reindex. I will never promise to get you anywhere except as high as your site can rank. That’s all any reputable SEO expert will guarantee.
- Design is integrated with SEO. Poor design can sometimes mean poor optimization. Sometimes beautiful design can also mean poor search results if the designer doesn’t understand search optimization guidelines. Google wants you to provide a great experience for your users. Think about what you have and how you might be able to improve the experience. I’ll be offering you my suggestions which may include a site redesign. Then I’ll know everything is set up properly from the start.
- Look at your content. Are you short on content for your users? Poor content can sometimes mean poor SEO or poor rankings. Are you offering quality content? Is your content unique from everyone else on the web? Does your content answer questions that people ask? This is another area that I will review and discuss with you. It may only take a bit of tweaking to what you have to make your content sing to your users and the search engines.
- If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Sometimes what you have isn’t broken. Sometimes it just needs a little smoothing out to get you where you want to be. I’m not looking to redesign something that’s great. Neither one of us have time for that endeavor.
I would love to help you get started on an affordable SEO strategy for your business. I currently have openings in my calendar so let’s talk about how you can start dominating your competition and reaching those whom you want to help reach with your small business!