SEO or Search Engine Optimization
So, your want to learn more about SEO? Or maybe you just want someone to take care of it for you? Well you’ve come to the right place. Mary Hernandez with Hernandez Web Services would love to help you with your search engine optimization in the Naples area.
There are a few things you should know about SEO before you contact Mary.
- SEO doesn’t happen overnight. If you are expecting your site to rank high tomorrow, we might need to talk more about your expectations.
- Often it’s a lot of little details that make a big difference. I can talk jargon but that will just make your eyes glaze over. Often the little details in building your pages get skipped and those little details are the keys to helping your website rank as high as possible. As I’m meeting with clients today I’m finding that many designers today are skipping these little details and it’s costing you in where you rank, big time.
- If someone tells you they will get you to the top of Google, they might not be telling you the whole truth. They might be able to get you there, but not keep you there. Or, they might tell you “well yeah if you pay for ads”. They also might not follow Google’s SEO recommendations which could cause you major difficulty down the line fixing your site and getting Google to reindex. I will never promise to get you anywhere except as high as your site can rank. That’s all any reputable SEO firm will guarantee.
- Design is integrated with SEO. Poor design can sometimes mean poor SEO. Sometimes beautiful design can also mean poor SEO if the designer doesn’t understand the guidelines. Google wants you to provide a great experience for your users. Think about what you have and how you might be able to improve the experience. I’ll be offering you my suggestions which may include a site redesign. Then I’ll know everything is set up properly from the start.
- Look at your content. Are you short on content for your users? Poor content can sometimes means poor SEO or poor rankings. Are you offering quality content? Is your content unique from everyone else on the web? Does your content answer questions that people ask? This is another area that I will review and discuss with you. It may only take a bit of tweaking to what you have to make your content sing to your users and the search engines.
- If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Sometimes what you have isn’t broken. Sometimes it just needs a little smoothing out to get you where you want to be. I’m not looking to redesign something that’s great. Neither one of us have time for that endeavor.
If you are still reading, then most likely you connect with me and are of the same mind. That’s great! Contact me so that we can talk about your specific project and I can start the research to come up with a plan customized to your unique needs.